Thursday, May 1, 2014

A Whirlwind of Writing Opportunity


What a whirlwind couple of weeks this has been! My e-book Lest We Forget: Things Holocaust Survivors Need you to Know, was published for Kindle on Amazon.com, and after several requests for one, I began working on a print version of the book. I originally planned on having it ready in a few months, but instead, I am working steadily on it, well, as steadily as I can while still teaching middle school full-time.
Additionally, I have been completing an editing job. 

One thing I didn’t plan on was the amount of time that would be required for marketing the book. I am spending hours on social networking, newsletter announcements, and attending functions where I can network and promote the book. I am also taking every opportunity to meet more survivors and liberators.

With all of this going on, ideas for new projects just keep coming, and I am in the process of designing a writing course to pilot this summer. To say this has been a crazy time would be an understatement, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. Writing and editing jobs are pouring in, and I love every minute of it, and so far, response has been good.

My article in the Jewish Press, “Eight Things Holocaust Survivors Need you to Know,” just reached over 1100 Facebook “likes,” and I am blown away. It’s incredible to think that so many people saw and appreciated the messages that I tried to share from survivors. Reaching that many people would take me years to accomplish teaching at the middle school.

I am feeling incredibly blessed and inspired right now. My writing work suddenly feels like more of a full-time job than my teaching job does. The only problem with that is that I have more ideas than time to follow through on them. Be careful what you wish for, I guess, but I know it will all work out.


Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment